I have been tagged to do this twice 🙂 by two very sweet ladies – M L Falconer and Jess Schira – so I might even do it twice Once this week and once next.
1) Answer the 10 questions below.
2) Spread the fun and tag 5 more awesome people to participate.
1. What is the title of your book / WIP?
2. Where did the idea of the book come from?
It just moved in one day, scattering its belongings, put its boots up on the table and demanded a fried egg sandwich. I really don’t know what sparked it off originally . I’m inclined to blame Jack Lemmon in Some Like It Hot.
3. What genre would your book fall under?
Ah, now there’s a problem. It’s not going to be romantic enough to be a romance, not straight enough to be mainstream and not good enough to be “literature”. Can I make my own genre up? Action/Adventure historical with a cross-dressing spy.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
This isn’t something that I would normally do. I have very clear mental images of my characters and they don’t look like anyone much – just themselves. Who would you cast to play Brad Pitt in a film about Brad Pitt? However a quick trawl around my memory dragged up these three guys who will do.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
It’s 1928, something desperate is going to happen in London and SIS men Briers Allerdale and Miles Siward combine forces to try and stop it – but first they have to find out what it is!
6. Is your book published or represented?
Hell no. I’m writing this because I really want to write it. I’ll do all the difficult depressing stuff once it’s finished.
7. How long did it take you to write it?
I haven’t finished it. It’ll probably take another 18 months if it goes to a full length novel. At the moment I don’t think it will make it past 60K words.
8. What other books in your genre would you compare it to?
There’s that genre word again.
9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Charlie Cochrane. When I told her I had this desperate urge to write about a 1920s spy who had to spend 2 months cross dressing in Camden to combat the Bolshevic Menace she said “Well go on then”, so I am.
10. Tell us anything else that might pique our interest in your book.
There are car chases at 30mph, a Victorian landlady, omnibuses, silk stockings, tommy guns and a cavalier approach to geography.
Now I have to tag people: